Saturday, 10 March 2012

Blog #2
This is one of my all time fav breakfast
1c All Bran Flakes
1/2 c blueberries
6 strawberries
1 banana
1 c 2% milk
8pt breakfast and it fills me up
Plus 20 oz water and a coffee with cream

GOOD MORNING!!!!
Well I did it!!!

I lost 3.6 pounds this week for a total of 43 pounds.
I finally made it past my 40 pound mark, and it feels so GREAT!!!
I want to take this time to thank a very good friend, Jen, you have been such a great support, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I would also like to add that this week she lost 6.2(?) I hope that is right, I know you lost over 6 pounds and I am so over the hill EXCITED for you, YOU GO GIRL!!!! Together we lost almost 10 pounds this week, 10 POUNDS!!!! All of our hard work this week paid off.

This week I have been craving fried foods with dipping sauces, yes I know, anything fried is SOOO NOT POINT WORTHY. Sweet and Sour Chicken how I have longed for you this week, along with torpedo shrimp and that little friend noodle dish I love so much. You know you have it bad when you wake-up in the middle of the night longing for Chinese takeout. Can you visualise the drool that is pooling in my mouth? Can you feel my longing and pain rolled into one ball of I wants but cant haves? I feel like an addict going through withdrawals....I am proud to admit I stayed away and stayed on track, weighing and measuring everything that I ate.

I walked 16.5K and did my mini-cardio workout. Not including walking my kids to school, walking stairs doing laundry and other household chores. The weather has been wonky and so I have kept my walking at the Milton Sports Centre in-door track.

Tips that I used this week: For breakfast I use a shallow bowl, that way I feel like I am getting a lot more then I really did. I choose veggies for snack along with a string cheese or yogurt. I measure EVERYTHING, and I use my digital scale to weigh things. Lets be honest, if I cold eyeball it I would not be where I am now. I admit I have three sets of measuring spoons and cups, that way I always have one on hand, no excuse for not doing it.

Next week I will add a fav lunch and fav dinner with pictures.

Quote for the week: In order to take care of you, I must take care of me first.
As a wife and a mom of three active kids I need to remember this. My family comes first in every area of my life, but in order to take care of them, I need to take care of me.

Much love to all, have a blessed week. Until next week, keep it real and keep true to yourself.
Each day is only a day, and food is only food.

No comments:

Post a Comment