WOOT HOO!!!
What a good week!!!
First the kids kept their fighting to a low..WOW!!!! I love weeks when I am not stressed from sun up to sun down. THANK YOU KIDS!!!
Second, I lost 1.6 pounds this week!!! (I want to give my Friend Jen a shout-out, losing 3 pounds is something to be super proud of!!! You are doing great.) I worked hard and it was tough with all the Easter yummy goodies filling the holiday aisle's at the market. I even made Easter cookies for Riley's Easter party at his daycare. Bunnies for the Easter Rabbit and hearts for our love for Jesus. It was really cute, I told Riley about the hearts and he started to sing a "I love Jesus" song, too stinking cute. I maybe on my journey but at the same time I want to make sure that my new "lifestyle" doesn't deprive them of kid pleasures that come along with holidays.
| Tri-color cookies (fun) |
| Sugar cookies |
| Easter Eggs, No mess-no fuss |
I also made cute little hard boiled Easter Eggs, I have discovered the joy of the No Mess, No Fuss wrappers, JOY!!! And for all my WW friends remember 3 egg whites are only 1 points plus value, and they are full of protein, so enjoy as a snack, or make a meal featuring them.They are egg-cellent for you ♥
As for a meal that I loved this week, I made a quinoa chicken mushroom dinner with Broccoli, it was delightful and only 8 points plus. I used 1 cup of quinua, 3 oz chicken and mushrooms with onions and paired it with steamed broccoli. I was filled and the flavor with yummy scrummy. You can use any seasonings you want to make the flavor fit what you like. I used Italian seasoning and added red pepper flakes for added heat. My husband liked it too.
I want to close this week with a quote that I keep running into.
"Your body will thank you a year from now with the choices you make today"
I know as I look at the changes my body has been making I am so THANKFUL that I made the choice to focus on me eight months ago. I am so WORTH IT!!! It has been a tough road, a happy road, a stressed road and at times I wanted to give in and eat myself silly. But I know I am happier as I reach my small goals. I take it one pound at a time, reward every five pounds with a new bead for my bracelet. Rewards work for me and I love the visual reminder when I need to be grounded and steadfast in my journey.
Have a great week my friends, I am going to ROCK IT and reach for the stars!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment